Nuffnang

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Healthy Pandan Muffin (Lovit! Lovit! Lovit!!!)




When it comes to MUFFIN, I can be really carping. It pisses me off to admire such a beautiful, alluring, tormenting piece of nice-looking muffins that would turn out to be hardy (baling ke dinding), or too sweet, or too dry you can actually choked, or the taste like you've been swallowing up the whole bottle of bicarbonate soda! Well.. believe me, I can go on and on, grumbling about this, all the way from the store till I got home.

Until.... I discovered a very nice recipe, not too sweet, moist, and the smell.. oohhh.. you gotta try this one. But the most important.. it's healthy.. which means.. I can have 3 or 4 pieces of em.. errkk.. ok..I admit, I ate a lot.

I googled a few recipes of 'best muffin' in the net and tried out one (can't remember from which site, it came out in US forum). It took me 3 times to try and error, adding and reducing the ingredients until I was satisfied with the result. I tried my best to make it as healthy as possible so that I can put the guilt aside..hehe. Originally, it tasted 'bica' and quite dry so I add up some milk and reduce the rising agent. I add some wholemeal flour and raisins (source of fiber) and use pandan paste for a twist. I also subsitute the unsalted butter with sunflower oil. There you go.. Check out the recipe below.

Ingredients :

(A)
180g self-raising flour (sift together with baking powder)
3/4 baking powder
40g wholemeal flour

(B)
80g castor sugar
170ml sunflower oil

2 eggs
100ml fresh milk
1/2 teaspoon of fine salt
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
1 teaspoon of pandan paste
5 table spoon of raisins(chopped)
chocolate chips (I use dwi-choc chip)
muffin pan (or you can use paper cup for muffin)

Method :

1. Mix (A). Put aside.
2. Beat (B) for 5 minutes.
3. Add in egg one at a time. Beat another 5 minutes.
4. Add in (A) and milk alternately.
5. Add the salt, vanilla essence and pandan paste. Beat until all mixed well.
6. Lastly fold in the raisins
7. Fill the papercups with batter ( I use size 8'). Put some chocolate chips on top.
8. Bake at 150 degree for 20 minutes (heat up & down)
9. Let them cool for a while before serving.

I have made these so many times.. again and again. Eat em for breakfast and have a wonderful morning to start a day with :)





No comments:

Post a Comment